Monday, June 8, 2009

Tuned Into Landscaping

There aren't a lot of television shows I watch on a regular basis, but I'll have to admit, I do enjoy DIY Network's and HGTV's lineup of landscape-reality programming. OK, most are far from reality---especially budget wise---but they do entertain me nonetheless.

After watching, I do find myself inspired to go out in my yard and try some of the things they were doing on the show. My inspiration usually turns into reality once I'm actually standing in my yard. I soldier on to cut the grass, weed, and prune to the best of my ability. Aahh, another successful project completed---at least for this week.

Although scripted, I think these kind of "reality" shows do have some value to the landscape industry. Anything that promotes the hard work behind and the value of landscaping is good thing in my book.

If you haven't yet, check out some of these shows:

-Yard Crashers (probably my favorite--they filmed a show that aired recently from this year's Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival)

-Super Scapes (If I only had the budget these people have to work with)

-Get Out, Way Out! (See comment above)

-Desperate Landscapes (Describes a few yards in my neighborhood)

-The King Of Dirt (New show--don't have an opinion yet)

Happy viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment