Monday, July 6, 2009

Right On, Retail

Looking around my yard, there are some projects I'd like to tackle. After factoring in time and budget, I know I can't do everything at once. OK. So, let's start with some mulch. Time to go stimulate the economy.

Every time I drive by Lukas Nursery in Oviedo, I have a hard time remembering that we're currently experiencing a down market. During a visit a couple of months ago, the parking lot of this independent retail garden center was filled with cars and was bustling with activity inside. My most recent visit, this past Friday afternoon, it was more of the same. I wasn't expecting as many people on a blazing-hot, late afternoon on a holiday weekend.

The lines of customers waiting to be rung up not only was a welcome sight for the garden center, but as I see it, also is good news for the Florida nursery and landscape industries. Indeed, people are out spending on plants, garden supplies, and landscaping. Count me in as one who understands the value of landscaping. Is the economy on its way back? I'm not completely sold yet. However it's good to see some positive signs at this IGC in my neck of the woods.
Based on my observations - past and present - this garden center/nursery has done and continues to do a nice job of maintaining and building its client base. I had a fruitful visit and captured some pictures while I was there. I'll be back for more photos and product soon. I promise.


Take a seat or two...



Hardgoods anyone?


Good product placement and selection.


Nice water feature display near the entrance.


Interested in plants or not, the onsite
butterfly encounter is a nice draw.


Pottery barn---literally.


Welcome to Florida.


No comments:

Post a Comment